Last Updated August 22, 2016
The Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Site, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
1. Personal Information
When you sign up for alerts or notifications, or otherwise when you contact us, you may be required, or you may choose, to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, and phone number. You may also provide other identifiable information in the course of using the Site. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.” We do not collect any personal information from our users when they use the Site, unless they provide such information voluntarily.
2. Other Information
In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
a. From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
b. From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Site, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Site you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE); and similar data.
c. From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Site. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Site may not function properly.
d. Third-Party Analytics
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Communication Preferences
You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Popwallet marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our services; to process orders for products and services; to maintain and improve our Site and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- Popwallet will access, use, and share the Information as required in connection with ourservices or the operation of the Site, for example with third-party partners or contractors.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, our customers, and our products and services, we may analyze Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Popwallet or others.
Information You Share
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
New York, NY 10036
Popwallet does not monitor, recognize, or honor any behavioral advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
End User Privacy
Popwallet customers access and use the Service to engage with mobile device users. The timing, method, and content of such engagements using the Popwallet Service are at the sole control of our customers. In addition, in order to provide intelligent insights to our customers about their mobile marketing programs and engagements, the Popwallet Service collects, processes, and stores data about customers’ pass instances and metadata resulting from those instances. The following list summarizes the data that is collected by default by the Service.
User Device Data, i.e. user agent, device type, OS, relevant advertising identifiers and device identifiers, and similar data if available
User Activity Data, i.e. passes offered, added, updated, redeemed and deleted, and similar data, along with metadata about these events such as IP address and GPS location, if provided
Popwallet collects data via the Service on behalf of the customer in accordance with the agreement in place between Popwallet and the specific customer.
How to Contact Us